Thursday, January 27, 2011

"Ken, my boobs are big."

;p Isn't that frickin' hilarious. What a little pip of a daughter I have. This was her conversation while playing Barbies tonight (to her brother, who was Ken) while Sean and I were fixing dinner. Oh the things that come out of that mouth. I've been spending some much needed quality time with these two little ornery people the past few nights. I love to watch them play. It really melts my heart. And sleep. I love to watch them sleep. Which reminds me, I need to post one of the pictures of them that I took. I used it for our Christmas card this year, and it is my most favorite picture ever. I'll do that now.

Things have been crazy at work. As usual. Oh, the life of a school teacher. I will say, my new red "It Girl" lipstick has been a hit with the fourth graders. My husband on the other hand has sarcastic comments to say about my pout every time I sport the look. Purposefully applied some to my lips on my drive home last night. Waaahaawaaah. Evil laugh. I also got 3, count them, 3 compliments on my ensemble today. Which consisted of my "shetland pony" Frye boots (as Sarah refers to them as); gray American Apparel tights; a navy "I Love Lucy" dress (that's not really the brand, but that's what it reminds me of...something Lucy would have worn, or Mrs. Cleaver. You know the type...the 50's housewife style.); a poppy colored skinny belt (I believe from the Gap); and of course flashy earrings and a big fat sparkly ring. (Oh and speaking of a big sparkly ring...I did find that fancy cocktail ring I had been scouting. I've got a photo of that too.) I thought it was darling. However, there's been some hubbub on professional dress attire for a teacher. Hmmm...I hope I was professional looking enough today!

I had good intentions of working out today too. Even got my "workout clothes" on when I got home, but I got sidetracked by dinner and then making a tasty snack dip. Compliments of Molly Nedved/Courtney Buthe. It is delicious. And I think it has to be semi-healthy. I ate it with celery! Goal for tomorrow = go for a walk! I'm going to need to, because it is FAT Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment