Sunday, January 23, 2011

Turquoise

Today I woke up with motivation.  My day so far, has gone like so... 
Woke up to Grahm screaming.  No worries though.  We fell back to sleep on the couch.
Decided to paint a chest/bench.
Worked on framing some pictures of my kids.
Tried to stick some flower/weed-like sticky things on the wall.  Didn't happen.
Made muenster grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch.  Delicious.
Got ready for a concert tonight.  Love me some country music.
Put my cowboy boots on....although Sean asked me if I was going back to the 80's based on the rest of my ensemble.

So, this has quickly turned into more random thoughts.  I've called this blog turquoise, because I love turquoise.  So much so, that 9 times out of 10, I'm wearing some sort of the shade somehow.  But, today....I decided to paint my big ol' chest/bench turquoise.  Turquoise-ish.  Mainly because I bought this little can of Martha Stewart paint last summer in hopes of painting something...mind you I've now forgotten what exactly that was at this point in time.  Anywho.  It's crazy how, by changing one little thing about this chest, it's changed its look entirely.  I love it now!  My next steps are to recover the bench seat in some sort of fabric (undecided what pattern at this time) and buy about 50 new knobs from, my fave store of all time, Anthropologie.  Which at 10 bucks or so a knob...could take me a while.

I wish I would have taken a before picture, so one could really get a feel for the vast improvement.  But, of course, I didn't think of that til I was half way through the first coat.  So, we're just going to have some pics of the half-way point and the finished project.

This little project did inspire me to get a little "honey-to-do" list jotted down for Sean that consists of painting the door of our bedroom and our office/playroom in the upstairs.  I'm thinking gray.

FYI, I need to change this to yesterday I woke up with motivation, cause today (Sunday) I have zero.  Started the post yesterday...sorry for the confusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment